Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: UK Home-Based
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Friday 30th October 2020
At ProQ, we are experts in BBQ, food smoking, and the art of using smoke in cookery and food preservation.It all started back in 2008, when Ian McKend designed and developed the very first ProQ® BBQ Smoker. ProQ® is now an internationally respected brand, with more than 70 products across our domestic and professional ranges.
We are growing really quickly and it is a very exciting time to join the ProQ team.
As a family run business with strong ethics, we look after our people. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development – we have plenty of fun too! We are passionate about food and we strive to educate and inspire others to share the same enjoyment of BBQ, outdoor cooking and the love of food as we do.
Our head office is in beautiful Cornwall.
- 4yr+ of experience in business development – especially B2B.
- Ideally you have worked within the BBQ, outdoor living or outdoor cooking sectors.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering sustainable sales growth
- Proven ability to build and maintain long-lasting customer relationships
- A strong commercial mindset - motivated by results
- Experience in sales forecasting and demand planning
- Comfortable working alone and within a team
- Balanced, professional and friendly with a positive attitude
- Hard working and efficient, able to respond to customers quickly.
- Confident communicator, with excellent written and spoken English and good attention to detail. Excellent presentation / demonstration skills.
- Experienced at representing a company/brand at trade shows, events and training events.
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK – UK driving licence required
- Occasional international business travel
- Passionate about food & cooking
Key Responsibilities / The Job
We are looking for someone with ambition and drive to join the ProQ team in this newly created role. Our new Business Development Manager will primarily be responsible for B2B sales growth in the UK. This will include lead generation and converting new customers, as well ensuring continued sales growth through our existing network of retail/trade clientele. We have exciting growth plans with director-level career development opportunities for the right person.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by:
- Driving sales growth through lead generation and new customer acquisition.
- Account management of existing key B2B accounts – develop these relationships further.
- Travel throughout the UK on a regular basis to meet prospective and existing clients. Ideally, you are located outside Cornwall and have good access to major UK transport links. From time-to-time you will be required to attend meetings at our Cornwall HQ.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and projections.
- Manage a CRM database of contacts and leads.
- Nurture and maintain relationships by phone, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Develop a full understanding of our products and our brand (full training provided).
- Demo our products at trade shows, training events and client meetings.
- Work closely with our Operations team to ensure stock availability through robust demand planning.
- Competitive Salary - based on experience
- Bonus structure
- Strong career development opportunities
- Generous Staff discount
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org