Job: Full time, Permanent
Location: UK Temporarily Home-Based
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: From £20,000 per year
Application Deadline: Friday 9th April 2021
At ProQ, we are experts in BBQ, food smoking, and the art of using smoke in cookery and food preservation.It all started back in 2008, when Ian McKend designed and developed the very first ProQ® BBQ Smoker. ProQ® is now an internationally respected brand, with more than 70 products across our domestic and professional ranges. We are growing really quickly and it is a very exciting time to join the ProQ team.
As a family run business with strong ethics, we look after our people. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development – we have plenty of fun too! We are passionate about food and we strive to educate and inspire others to share the same enjoyment of BBQ, outdoor cooking and the love of food as we do.
Our head office is in beautiful Cornwall.
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer support role in a product sales environment and some experience of office administration.
- Experience of working with web-based tools to manage customers.
- Able to identify customer satisfaction issues and escalate as required.
- Order processing and invoicing for dealer orders as required.
- Spot trends and identify ways to improve processes to deal with recurring issues.
- An organised person who can prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and completes assigned tasks.
- Using a CRM system should be part of the day to day job.
- Experience of online retail would be useful.
- We are a growing company and there will be opportunities to grow your role in other directions in time.
- If you understand how barbecues and smokers work then that would be great, but you’ll be trained on our products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some travel within the UK may be required for dealer visits.
Key Responsibilities / The Job
We are seeking someone who can act as the first point of contact for our customers. Either dealers who will be placing large orders for multiple products or consumers who reach us direct through our own website . Your role will be to make sure that their orders are managed efficiently, that any errors are rectified swiftly and to make sure that our dealers get the attention that they deserve. You will be able to make this role your own as the owner of customer support.
You’ll work closely with our operations manager, ensuring that deliveries are managed as efficiently as possible. You’ll also be the voice of ProQ when dealing with dealer enquiries. We are growing our dealer network so you’ll be keeping your eyes open for ways to expand our product footprint within existing dealers.
We get great customer reviews so it is important to keep good relationships so that we can build them for the long term. Managing reviews through Feefo or handling emails direct from the customer are good touchpoints from which we’ll build positive experiences. If you know anything about growing a Net Promoter Score (NPS) then so much the better.
Most of our customers will be in the UK but our plans involve international growth. Patience can be key when dealing with customers for whom English is not the first language.
The BBQ community has strong ties and is often referred to as a family. The Customer Support Manager for ProQ is expected to be our ambassador and to be able to interact in a professional manner to maintain a good relationship with the wider community.
We use various tools to manage communication, customer orders and dealer orders so experience with any of the following is a bonus:
Gorgias – web-based interface for enquiry management and ticketing
Shopify – website management and customer orders
DEAR – dealer management and order tracking
Feefo – for public product reviews
Microsoft tools – communication and record keeping
This role reports to the Business Development Manager for ProQ.
Whilst this is largely an office-based role, flexible working is available as necessary.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
We'll interview remotely initially to avoid close contact. Following a successful interview process we'll invite to HQ in Bodmin. Face coverings and sanitisation will be required.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org