Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Cornwall - Hybrid or Office Based.
Salary: £30-£35K, Based on Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Thursday 31st March 2022
At ProQ, we are experts in BBQ, food smoking, and the art of using smoke in cookery and food preservation.
It all started back in 2008, when Ian McKend designed and developed the very first ProQ® BBQ Smoker. ProQ® is now an internationally respected brand, with more than 70 products across our domestic and professional ranges.
As a business, we are growing rapidly across both B2B and B2C channels and it is a very exciting time to be joining the ProQ team.
As a family run business with strong ethics, we look after our people. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation, constant growth and development – we have plenty of fun too! We are passionate about food and we strive to educate and inspire others to share the same enjoyment of BBQ, outdoor cooking and the love of food as we do.
Our head office is in beautiful Cornwall.
We are looking for someone with ambition and drive to join the ProQ team in this newly created role. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day finance management of the business. For the right person, the role represents a fantastic career development opportunity. The job will be varied, interesting and challenging with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and cashflow forecasts
- Monitoring departmental budgetary control
- Forecast vs Actual variance analysis
- Cash flow management
- Ad hoc financial projects
- Working with our existing accounts team who currently look after VAT returns, bookkeeping, payroll, R&D tax credits, invoicing and accounts payable functions.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3 Years+ finance experience, ideally within an SME environment
- Part or fully qualified accountant
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a professional and confident manner
- Knowledge of Xero preferred
- Experience of product import/export would be beneficial
- Competitive salary – based on experience
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Strong career development opportunities
- Generous staff discount
- Company events
- Bonus structure
Please send both your CV and short cover letter to email@example.com explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for this role, and why you would like to work with us.
Although we would like to acknowledge all the applications we receive, we can only respond to those who qualify for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.